1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gateway Solo 9500 Bad Flash

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by smintun, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smintun

smintun Thread Starter

While flashing the bios on my GW Solo 9500 Notebook, it locked up 1/3 the way thru the write/verify process.... I left it for 5 minutes and nothing. Powered down and back up, and it checks the floppy (presumably for a bios file) and that's it.

I get no help from GW on this matter, as I am not the original purchaser and their warranty and support is not transferable!

I think I just need a bios recovery file or files. I can not locate any such files or instructions on the net.

Does anyone have any ideas?

TIA!
    -Steve

2. acpowell

acpowell

I saw your message. I too have had the same thing happen to me. I was wondering if you ever found a soulution?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170493

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice