1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gateway Tech Support....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JCNovak, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCNovak

JCNovak Thread Starter

I don't know if anyone has had to deal with them (hopefully not) but they are terrible. Got my computer in April and all of a sudden it quit loading up after a restart or shut down. So they diagnose it over the phone as a bad power supply. I send it in, they have it for a week and a half and sent it back today, so I turned it on and it has the exact same problem. I call them back and they say well it must be the motherboard. I can not believe that they didn't at least test the thing out to see if it worked before sending it back to me. Especially when I emailed them last week to check the status of my computer and they told me it was still going through the diagnostic testing process. Wouldn't any type of diagnostic test show a bad motherboard, I mean thats kind of important isn't it? So now I have to send it back in to them, and be without my computer again for probably another 2 weeks. The entire process has been a headache and I have to call them back tomorrow yet again because they couldn't process my "RMA number" because they were having problems with their system tonight. My guess is that they are using their own Gateway computers there too...Next time I'll spend the extra and get a Dell..

2. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

Dell won't be any better. They're all about the same. You'll have better luck with tech support and repairs if you have it built locally by someone you can look in the face when you talk to them.

Welcome to the world of ultra-cheap support.

3. qldit

qldit

Good Evening JCNovak, maybe running a simple program like everest home would shed some light on the problem. http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html
    If you were able to run this program and navigate to the Computer > Sensor page, then "copy and paste" the material displayed there in your next post it may give a clue as to the problem.
    It is better than nothing and it may allow you to query "why is it so" if an error might be apparent.

Cheers, qldit.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490995

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice