1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gateway's lousy service

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by bh102444, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bh102444

bh102444 Thread Starter

I bought Gateways Digital Jukebox mp3 player. (300bucks) I had it for 2 months and it failed. Gateways said to send it to a company(Alorica Services) that does their repairs and promised 5-8 business days turnaround from time recieved. I sent it by priority mail to insure 2 day delivery to them, with the insurance it cost me 10 dollars. When I complained about this Gateway said read your warrenty,it's your expense to send it back. Long story short it has now been 28 days and I still have not got my player back. The only response I get to my e-mails are that they are in process of sending me a new one. They refuse to give me a name of someone else to talk to. Their phone support is no better. The last person I talked to said that there was nothing she could do or no one else I could talk to. That I would get my player back eventually. I told her no wonder that Gateway was in bad shape if this is the way that they treated their customers. her reply was that they were not in financial trouble. In contrast a friend had trouble with his Dell,called customer service which is in India on a Sunday and had a new player on Tuesdaywith a mailer to return the old one. Any body else having service problems with Gateway?

2. bluebunny

bluebunny

hmmm....
    I have a 1999 Gateway computer and a Gateway digital camera, that I got last year. I have contacted tech support several times and they have helped me with problems, and I have no complaints.
    Funny thing happened when I ordered my camera tho....when it arrived U.P.S. the boxes were empty!! I called and told them and they sent another...no questions asked! Good thing I'm an honest person!
    Sorry you are having problems with them!

3. bh102444

bh102444 Thread Starter

I have 2 Gateway computers and have had decent service the few times I have needed it but on the player they have failed badly

4. Stoner

Stoner Banned

My experiences with Gateway were negative since buying my first computer on Jan 2000. And that was the last of Gateway's products for me.
    Got a bit irked when support told me I wasn't covered as I didn't own a Gataway product. And the hardware failures under warrenty that created unnecessary downtime. Too much hassle.
    Have not and will not buy any new Gateway products.
    Not suprised when their Gateway Country Stores were closed on April 9th this year.

Sorry to hear of your problems, I can only recomend you keep after them. Maybe a registered letter to Ted Waitt will speed things up? Couldn't hurt.

Jack

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222111

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice