gdd3

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gdd3

I started my computer and the cd rom read the cd and then stopped and froze the computer. When I got the computer unfrozen the cd rom gave me an error message stating that D: is not accessible the device is not ready. Please help!!!!!!!!!

Don't know what you did to, "got the computer unfrozen"? If it was anything other than a reboot, I'm not surprised that the configuration was messed up.

I would hope that by now you have rebooted.

What is the system status NOW?

gdd3

I went into task manager and unfroze it there and rebooted my system still no lights or read from my Cd rom. I tried several cds and none read. I believe that I will be purchasing a new one!!!!

Before you $pend any money check the connectors both Power & Data Ribbon, and the Data Ribbon connector at the MOBO as well.

By check out, I mean unplug and replug one or more times each. Sometimes a good mechanical connection can be electrically bad due to surface oxidation on the plugs.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online