1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

gdd3

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gdd3, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gdd3

gdd3 Thread Starter

I started my computer and the cd rom read the cd and then stopped and froze the computer. When I got the computer unfrozen the cd rom gave me an error message stating that D: is not accessible the device is not ready. Please help!!!!!!!!!

2. winbob

winbob

Don't know what you did to, "got the computer unfrozen"? If it was anything other than a reboot, I'm not surprised that the configuration was messed up.

I would hope that by now you have rebooted.

What is the system status NOW?

3. gdd3

gdd3 Thread Starter

I went into task manager and unfroze it there and rebooted my system still no lights or read from my Cd rom. I tried several cds and none read. I believe that I will be purchasing a new one!!!!

4. winbob

winbob

Before you $pend any money check the connectors both Power & Data Ribbon, and the Data Ribbon connector at the MOBO as well.

By check out, I mean unplug and replug one or more times each. Sometimes a good mechanical connection can be electrically bad due to surface oxidation on the plugs.

5. gdd3

gdd3 Thread Starter

Thanks I will try this.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323181

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice