1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

GDPR and Privacy Policy

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by TechGuy, May 22, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator Thread Starter

First Name:
    Mike
    You've probably noticed a lot of emails from web sites that you use informing you that they have recently revised their privacy policies. This is because the Global Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will become enforceable on May 25th. GDPR is an EU law that applies to any web site that provides online services to EU citizens. While Tech Support Guy is located in the United States, we have many members who are located in the EU.

We respect your privacy. We have never sold your personal information to third parties and never will. We use your personal contact information to allow you to contribute to this site and to notify you of posts. You can read our full Privacy Policy here: https://forums.techguy.org/help/privacy-policy

For more information about GDPR, see here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation

Feel free to reply here with any questions or contact me directly.

Thanks for using TSG!

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    When I tried to accept the second page of terms, I got an error message something about the site was expecting a POST request.

As a side annoyance, I had just written a four paragraph reply to a new thread. I got the TOS acceptance page when I tried to post my reply. When I went back to the page with the thread, my reply never posted and it was not in the editing box.

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    I had to accept twice before I could continue.

4. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator Thread Starter

First Name:
    Mike
    Ugh! Sorry to hear that. I did some testing in a few browsers and didn't get any errors, but I didn't think to try while posting. Hopefully we won't be updating the terms very often. ;)

Yup, that's correct -- if you read it carefully, one is the Privacy Policy and the other is the Terms. You'll find both under the Help menu at the top if you ever you ever want to review them.

5. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    No problem.....I've noticed at 72 I have to repeat a lot of things :D

6. 2twenty2

2twenty2

I had to accept twice also before I could continue.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210579

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice