Ge Force fx5200 driver help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

why94

my friend just gave me this card and i think i installed the right drivers for it. but when i plug my monitor into the graphics card i get a blank screen and nothing happens. how can i get it to work properly?

why94 said:
my friend just gave me this card and i think i installed the right drivers for it. but when i plug my monitor into the graphics card i get a blank screen and nothing happens. how can i get it to work properly?
three problems, 1 the card should have worked without the drivers even being installed, 2 how did you get the drivers loaded without being able to see the screen? 3 always make sure you have the right drivers before installing them

why94

i downloaded the drivers using the onbored card and i got the only ge force drivers on the nvidia website.

Does the MB have onboard video as well? If so you may need to tell bios to use the agp slot instead.

why94

yes thats what im pluged into. i really hate bios so i would need a step by step procedutre on how to o it.

Alright, go into BIOS and go to PNP/PCI Configurations menu, go down to graphics adapter, and change it to AGP, then reinstall your card, and off you go.

why94

now when i switch it over to the card do i install the drivers when im pluged into the card? and whats the key for bios i cant remeber?

nope, it should be ready to go when you switch back to the card.

um, idk what your mobo has setup, but button is usually either F2 or DEL

so either one, lemme know how it goes, and if you have anymore problems..

if i may ask, does your card have a fan on it?

omg thats evil, see i bought mine, and it didnt, so i had toinstall my own. alright, lemme know if it works

why94

no i still get a blank screen, i have the drivers installed on my computer shouldnt i just be able to plug it into the card. i swithed it over to the card in bios

why94, can we get your motherboard specs?
And just out of curiousity does that vid card have an auxillary power connector?

download the directions to install your card properly or post all the info here and maybe someone can walk you through it. I've never heard of a card that you install drivers first with ob gfx going then switch in bios to agp. There is also the pos that card is bad or that it wont work in your mobo.

OK, i will give you instructions, but really, this card is like 50 bucks, so you can buy a better card, for like twice as much....

Take out your card, and reset the BIOS to VGA as main, uninstall the drivers, take and restart, make sure windows starts up nicely, shut down, go to bios, switch main video to AGP, then save settings and shut er down, reinstall your card, making sure it is properly seated and locked, then start it up, if your screen dosent show anything, and it keeps being black, the card is shot, go buy a new 1, even without drivers, this card will show display, i should know, being as i have 1

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online