1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Geek Squad crap

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by orion1, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. orion1

orion1 Thread Starter

I took in my laptop to a local Best Buy because they had $20 fees to clean the dust bunnies. But they couldnt/wouldnt open up a laptop. Then I took them 30 miles to a Geek Squad store. They said it would take about a week and cost $199. I said no. I'm going to look for a local shop. If you wont open a laptop, then you're not too experienced. And if you charge 10 times more for a laptop than for a pc, you're also not good. Good thing because I did some research online, and found out what a fraud GS is.

2. wacor

wacor Banned

Not sure where to find it but there was at least one other thread about similar experiences as i recall

3. InfernoReaper

InfernoReaper

yeah it was a couple weeks ago

i saw a blind guy working at a geek squad at my best buy (i know he was cuz he had a guide dog)
    *very confusing to InfernoReaper*

i had almost no experience with laptops when i worked on the first one but i still fixed it (took it almost completely apart to find out everything was connected right *it was a bad hdd*)

funny story at geek squad/best buy:

I was waiting for someone to talk to me about a tv i think and saw and old lady having her computer looked at and taking so long people were lined up at least 15 feet back
    i think if i was in that line i would have ripped out a stick of RAM, pull her hair net back (practically snapping her neck), and stabbed her with 256k of silicon *insert crazy evil laugh here*

4. MNG0304

MNG0304

5. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Just on the flip side. I don't think I have seen 1 dusty laptop in all my days disassembling them. Most I have seen is the small fan partially having a little on it but in all most of the laptops are so sealed up you don't get much dust intrusion.

6. InfernoReaper

InfernoReaper

i know it weird i would think companies would make em spaced apart for the cleaners to get more business

7. orion1

orion1 Thread Starter

It's my heatsink

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486425

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice