1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Geforce 2 mx 400, is this my problem?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dan207, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dan207

Dan207 Thread Starter

G'day,
    I just upgraded my vid card to the geforce 2 mx 400. Now here is my problem, I cannot run any 3d applications without the applications closing/crashing itself.
    For example, I have been trying to run 3dmark2001, but it'll load and complete the first test, of the car chase, then as it goes to the next test, high detail(car chase), the program crashes. I can de-select all tests with high detail, but it will only load and run the first test, but then crash loading the next test. This goes for all of my games as well.
    Everything has been upgraded, except for directx 9. I have all the new drivers from nvidia, win98 se is up to date, directx 8.1 is installed.
    I have a p2 300 overclocked to 333, its always been stable, with 224mb of ram.
    Any ideas? I dont want to, but can format my drive and start again, but I want that to be a last resort.

2. ratchet

ratchet

Have you tried running dxdiag?

Start/Run, type dxdiag, OK. in dxdiag, display test Direct 3d.

If no problems found try backing off your hardware acceleration a notch.

3. Jtoast

Jtoast

If you get any errors with dx, i would download and install it directly from microsoft's website instead of a cd which may be corrupt.

4. BiggerBen

BiggerBen

3dmark 2001 always crashed my computer when i was running a geforce2 mx 400 along with win98. they might just be incompatible.

5. Chum

Chum

...3dMark2001 and Win98 works in my system. (see above)

I have a GeForce 2MX 400...how are you overclocking CPU...probably with FSB...probably Oveclocking your AGP as well this way...see if you can Oc the FSB without affecting the AGP(in your BIOS)...When I had a P3500 Oc'd to just 533...3dMark2001 always crashed as well. What was your old video card...perhaps now, you can live without the overclock and still see an improvement.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114769

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice