1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

GeForce 2 mx400 woes...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GLiO, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GLiO

GLiO Thread Starter

Hello all. On my other computer I have a GeForce 2 mx400 64mb. it runs cs at like 30fps. and drops to around 10 a lot. But I have heard other people who had the same card and got like 60fps+

Machine specs
    Windows 98 SE
    650mhz Athlon
    256mb RAM

Any ideas? I'm using the newest nvidida drivers

btw running in open gl and v-sync is off

2. GLiO

GLiO Thread Starter

::cough::*bump*::cough::

3. Chum

Chum

You really do not need the "latest drivers"...try the 23.11s...bet your frame rate goes up.

4. GLiO

GLiO Thread Starter

why would those make it better? nvidia 'claims' there is a 25% increase in performance.

5. GLiO

GLiO Thread Starter

please for the love of cheeze help

6. McTimson

McTimson

It could be your internet connection...if you have dialup, it's harder to get fast framerates because you usually get more lag. Your 650mhz processor could be part of it, I'm not sure what CS needs, but a faster one would probably help.

7. Jtoast

Jtoast

8. Nothingface

Nothingface

650 should do fine..try closing your background programs..press alt ctrl del and end task everything except systray, explorer, your game, and your internet. i have that same card, and it runs good..close to 60. then again, i have an 850mhz cpu.

9. flyeater

flyeater

Read this thread .
    It's on a Day of Defeat forum but both Cs & DoD are Half Life mods so the advice is for both.
    Be sure you have your latest vid card drivers as <b>Chum</b> said. It makes a huge difference.

10. Chum

Chum

I have the same vid card as you...and my 3dmark scores steadily dropped with the higher driver #s the explanation from 3dGuru site said the latest drivers give higher performance for "newer cards" but not necessarily the older ones. I still think you should "try" the 23.11s.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115164

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice