geforce 4 mx 440 - help wanted

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mirage

hi, i have a problem for a long time now with this card, - after some time working with the computer suddenly the screen makes some kind of doubling itself (the screen picture) now sometimes if i turn off the screen itself for 5 mins or so it fixes itself but i need a permament solution.
it usually happens when i play a game which uses direct x for example Championship manager 01/02, Lord of the rings battle for middle earth and so on....
if anyone knows what can be done except buying a new card please let me know...
btw it occured in win 98 as well that's why i moved from it.

i'm using win xp pro. p. 3 733 mhz
asus p3v133
256 mb SDRAM
bios type award medallion

Triple6

Rob
Since you say turning the monitor off fixes it I might be inclined to think its the monitor itself. To see if the monitor is the problem you can switch out the monitor with another one, if you can borrow one from a friend.

If it happens on another monitor then try reinstalling the video card drivers and make sure the sure the fan on the video card is working - maybe check the fan now.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!