1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

GeForce 5200 Rolling Video

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by heisest, Oct 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. heisest

heisest Thread Starter

I have a GForce 5200 and the video to monitor works fine but the s-video with the composite converter attached then put into a normal TV shows up as black and white and the picture rolls constantly. I've replace the card and get the same thing. I've got Win 2000 Pro with an Intel mother board and 2.4 mhz processor. I've updated the driver but that didn't help. Here are some other specs:Chip is NV34 (322) & bios is 04.34.20.18.00. VGA version: 6.14.10.4523.

I'm sure it is a setting but I've tried all that I can see and have come up blank. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

This one's easy.. go into your video card drivers and set the secondary output as NTSC instead of PAL.. You are outputting video for the wrong television standard.. Like you would use overseas. I'd give you a screenshot but I'm at work and don't have the right card here to show you.. :rolleyes:

3. heisest

heisest Thread Starter

This got me closer but not quite. I started looking for this setting and messed around with it and then restarted the pc. This time I had the composite cable attached when I restarted and when I got to the desktop the pc said it found another hardware (geforce dual monitor) and installed a driver and then had me reboot. (I did install the original diriver for video and it worked fine) On the restart I went to the control panel and found it had changed a bit. One of the things I can no longer select is in the Nview Display mode it no longer lets me select 'clone'. In fact all of these are greyed out and 'standard' is automatically selected.

4. heisest

heisest Thread Starter

Okay. Now that I've rebooted again I get the clone option and all is good in the world! It works. Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171711

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice