1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Geforce 8800 GTS problems...Please can you help me out!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by danbmxcom, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. danbmxcom

danbmxcom Thread Starter

hi there

I brought a Geforce 8800 GTS about 6 months ago now, iv been having problems with it, it keep shuting the computer down when ever im playing games?? after about 10 minuets of game play it turns the computer off? I had this problem with Battlefeild 2142 a few months back and after i downloaded the new drivers off of the Nvida website it seemed to sort its self out?? after buying elder scrolls today it has shut down 5 times now? iv tryed to reinstall the drivers again and that did nothing, iv played with the controll panel lowering the performance and that didnt help either? I have the correct power supply and all i can think it maybe be is the game? its not over heating? can someone please help me out?

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

What is the brand and model of your power supply?

3. danbmxcom

danbmxcom Thread Starter

err its a EYE-T ex-450-pfc. i brought that aswell with the card cause i know i had to up grade the power supply.

4. win2kpro

win2kpro

I couldn't find any useful information on the EYE-T power supply as to specifications or the protocol used in determing the power output.

A lot of PSU manufacturers "play games" in rating their units. eVGA recommends a 400 watt PSU with 26 amps available on the +12v rail.

When purchasing a PSU, don't pay a lot of attention to the output wattage rating UNLESS the manufacturer describes the protocol used in determing the output wattage. Read "myth" #2 at this site and it will give you a better understanding of the "games" some manufacturers use.

http://www.pcpower.com/technology/myths/

Based on the description of your problem, my first inclination is to believe that the EYE-T unit does not provide sufficient wattage/amperage for the 8800 series cards. If you have any additional information for this unit, please post it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/589858

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice