geforce 9500 gt

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

scalpachette

heya i just got this video card it works and everything but the 1 key part i need just so happens to have tv out using s video and i have not been able to get it to work,any1 have some thoughts or ideas.

dustyjay

Jay
What manufacturer made your board? Is it actually and nVidia made card, or is another manufacturer using the nVidia chip.

scalpachette

Chipset : nVidia 6100V
Processor : AMD Phenom X3 8450 @ 2100 MHz
Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
Operating System : Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium Home Edition 6.00.6002 Service Pack 2
Mainboard : OEM_MB NARRA3

dustyjay

Jay
If it is indeed manufactured by nVidia, the S-video port is part of the card, connection is located at the top of the output plate. Yuo would only need a S-video cable to go between the computer and your TV. I don't understand about needing any other part. Are you maybe talking about the drivers software?

dustyjay

Jay
So Exactly what is this "but the 1 key part i need just so happens to have tv out using s video"? You need the Video Card (you have it) You need the drivers, (I am assuming you have those), You need an S-Video cable (I am assuming you have one of those), you need a tv with an S-Video port. You will also need something to plug your audio into as S-Video doesnt carry an Audio signal.You would either need to use you computer speakers for audio or if you TV has red and a white rca jacks for audio input, you could get a cable with a stero jack on one end and the rca jacks on the other.

scalpachette

it is the thing that i have everything hooked up correctly but the tv just does not get any picture from this and i dont understand why.

dustyjay

Jay
Go into your Video Properties and see if there is a setting for TV out.

scalpachette

been there done that its actually set and through this nvidia control panel i got it to clone,but still same problem,but new one has come to surface,under the change resolution there is a dropdown box for composite,svideo,and auto,i set it to svideo and it goes back to auto and so i am once again stuck.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online