1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Geforce GTX 650 won't let let windows 7 start up!! HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TJgamer23, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TJgamer23

TJgamer23 Thread Starter

2 computers

computer 1 specs: Intel DG33TL mother board, 500W power, 4 Gb ram (only 3.25 usable for some reason) 680 GB HHD, Intel core 2 duo 2.33 ghz processor, and Windows 7 ultimate 32bit OS.

Computer 2 specs: Asus PSLD2-VM mother board, 430W power, 4GB ram (only 3.25 usable for some reason) 500 something GB HDD, Intel core 2 duo 1.8ghz processor, and windows 7 ultimate 64 bit OS.

I have tried running my bran new PNY Geforce GTX 650 1GB ram graphics card In both computers. It has clicked in the PCI x16 express port perfectly and turned on with the computer and with perfect fan movement. I dont see any hardware not functioning correctly. just not starting windows 7!!! x(

On computer 1 it froze on the Bios screen saying press F1 for Bios but it was frozen. In later reboot Bios came up after failed windows loading (windows coming together animation thing) A blue screen came up for a second saying rebooting to protect computer. This computer was running on intel graphics (basically nothing) but in the past month I put in a ancient ATI Radeon x1300 which can only run games like battlefield 2 and COD 2. I don't remember having to install anything when I placed that in it just ran. I don't know how to install the driver disks for my new card if windows wont even start. After I put the x1300 back in my computer is working. ( I'm using it now)

Computer 2: this computer has a 64 bit OS but had very similar behavior when turning on the computer. It failed system tests but didn't know why. (unknown error)

spec wise these computers SHOULD work fine but I believe its some kind of setting in BIOS

PLLEEAAASSSEEE HEELLLP THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    The 32bit OS can only use 3.25 of the 4.0 installed. As far as your 64bit OS, not sure why that is not showing all of your ram as usable.

Did you connect the 6pin power connector to your card?

3. TJgamer23

TJgamer23 Thread Starter

Its in the slot just fine and its bran new! its DDR2 2GB I actually have 6GB in the first one right now but still only 3,25 but its reads that there is 6Gb in there but says only 3.25 usable. If you can help with my graphics card problem that would be amazing! unless i need more ram to run it but the card only uses 1gb

4. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    You never answered my ?. Do you have the 6-pinSupplementary Power Connector connected to your card? Without it your not getting the power required to run it. Also, a 32bit. OS is only capable of using, in your case, 3.25 megs of memory no matter how much you have in it.

Please give spec's on your PSU? Make/model

5. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
  6. TJgamer23

TJgamer23 Thread Starter

I didn't know you can connect anything to a ram chip besides the bottom. So your saying If I put this power connector on the chip some how I can use my card or your saying the rest of the memory? Is it one of the wires coming from my power box that goes into the ram board? also I have looked at the websites specs. I switched around the PCI reading options but no luck I switched it to auto but i will prob switch it back to see if it acts differently. If you have any advice about my graphics card issue that would be great because thats my main concern.

Thanks for helping!

7. TJgamer23

TJgamer23 Thread Starter

Also could I download the drivers for the new card with out the card in while its working then shutdown and install the card? would that work or no?

8. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    Maybe I missed something, or you did; but what I am trying to tell you is that your new Geforce GTX 650 Video card requires a 6pin power connection coming from your Power Supply. Do you not have the layout/instructions that came with your new card?
    Save this for info on your 650.
    http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-650/specifications

You say:
    Yes, you can download them to your desktop or whatever file you want and install after you install your card.

Also, please answer the questions ask so I can help you out.

9. TJgamer23

TJgamer23 Thread Starter

OOHHHHHHH I know what your talking about yes I do have the power running from my new graphics card into the power supply haha I though you meant from the ram cards! everything's plugged in right like i said but do you think I can run the disk for driver in bios menu or safe mode?

10. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    To my knowledge you cannot load drivers from the Bios. Try Safe mode and see how it goes.

11. TJgamer23

TJgamer23 Thread Starter

I see that the card in the PCI slot is a GDDR5 but i have DDR2 memory ram in my computers. Would that matter at all?

12. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    It should work as they are not related.

13. TJgamer23

TJgamer23 Thread Starter

ok thats what I thought from research i did prior to buying. So I cant install the drivers from the site on the computer then shutdown and put the new card in?

14. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    You can if your new card is installed; but from what your saying, the computer freezes so this seems like it's not possible. So, download the driver to your desktop, then as you mentioned before, put in your new card and start it in Safe mode and see if you can install from there. I have not done this; but it's worth a try.

15. TJgamer23

TJgamer23 Thread Starter

ok that would work on the 32 bit computer (the one im using now) but Im most likly going to run it on the 64bit one which as of now wont start known to an unknown test failure so I cant even turn it on without the card unlike this one. (isnt F11 for safe mode or something? BTW thanks for the quick responses!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085193

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice