1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Geforce gtx 650

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Marchell, Mar 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Marchell

Marchell Thread Starter

I have an I5-3470 pc with 8gb of ram and a nvidia geforce gtx 650 graphics card..

I recently installed paladins becuase it is one of the few games I enjoy upon opening it my game will crash and it will say something about "display driver nvidia windows kernel stopped responding and has successfully recovered" it keeps on doing this and I cant do anything , can someone please help me?

Attached Files:

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Before anyone can help you, you need to post a LOT more info. Post the following; exact motherboard, exact ram, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for all of your parts. If this is by chance a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever, post the exact brand, model# and service tag#
    Next it would help if you posted your temps and voltages; specifically cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values.

One last item. I notice from your pic you are using a the latest nvidia driver. Those are not really for obsolete hardware like a 650. I would really look at installing a driver from 2014~15; those are optimized for your card.

3. Marchell

Marchell Thread Starter

I'm not to sure about the psu but I know it's a 650w
    Can you maybe send a link where I could find the 2014 driver so I can download them.
    Sorry very new to the pc game, this is literally my first pc and I bought it second hand

Attached Files:

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

No problem. Here is a link to the nvidia site;
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
    You input your card, what operating system, etc then click the link that says beta and old drivers. You will be presented with a list of drivers and dates. Choose one more applicable to your card. Your video card was released in late 2012 so choose a driver from late 13 or mid 14. That one will be optimized for your card.
    When you do the install, choose to clean install the driver [it is an option] This removes all previous settings, etc.

5. Marchell

Marchell Thread Starter

I'm trying that now but if it doesnt work ,would getting a nee gpu work?

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Before spending money on a new card, you need to list your exact specs, temps, and voltages as outlined in post #2
    Most motherboard mfg have purpose designed monitoring software available on the support page. Since we have no idea what motherboard you have installed, it is impossible to give you a link to the support page.

7. Marchell

Marchell Thread Starter

See I dont mind switching to a diffrent graphics card becuase I was looking for a new one and I have my eyes on a msi radeon rx 570 armor 8gb oc but I'm not sure if it compatible with my pc

Attached Files:

8. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

No one can tell you if it is compatible until you post all of your exact specs.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224930

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice