1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

GeForce MX4000 128mb

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jbezweb, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbezweb

jbezweb Thread Starter

Hi,

I just got a new video card and am having trouble installing it on Windows 98.

My system is a P3 600 with 320 ram. I have a dual boot of Win XP and 98.

Here is what I have done. I went into safe mode(xp) and removed the existing card. Then reboot into safe mode(98) and removed the exisiting card.

I then rebooted into xp and installed the card (autorun from cd). The card install great, works great, no problems!

But I went to do the same thing in 98. the first thing that comes up is 'detected new hardware' - standard pci graphics - vga. Prolem is the card is agp 8x. I tried the autorun from cd and it failed. I tried updating the driver that failed. I also tried removing the standard pci and add new hardware all would let me select the drvier from the cd but would fail on installing it.

so I don't know what to do! Any ideas?

Thanks

Justin

2. mfdsuk

mfdsuk

ok you need to install the "standard pci graphics" then put in cd-rom and install the right driver over the top of the "standard pci graphics" driver do no uninstall the standard pci graphics driver. thats what i did when i had this probberlem when i got my new radeon 9800xt.
    hope that helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324862

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice