1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

GeForce VS. ATI

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gringo_espejo, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gringo_espejo

gringo_espejo Thread Starter

im intend to buy a video card, which is better the geforce or the ATI?

your suggestions is a big help

thanks,:)

2. NeoNMD

NeoNMD

GeForce what? and ATI what?
    Its hard to compare without models.
    Also why have you disregarded others like Radeon graphics cards?

3. MichaelDee

MichaelDee

There are 2 video card makers, nvidia and ati, radeon is an ati card.

It is just preference which maker you go with. Nvidia has been better for games, but now it doesn't really matter as much. Do you like ford or chevy?

What matters more is the card itself, they both produce various cards with different performance so that the 7600 and the 1600 will perform similarly, and the 8800 and the 2900 will also perform on a similar basis.

4. sdi

sdi

All I can add is that I've recently tried both vendors on my PC. ATI software caused some majors issues and I think they were related to having to run Net framework 2.0 to run their drivers. Nvidia is better but still causing other issues. I believe my onboard graphics may be causing problems with the AGP graphics cards I've tried.

5. Waldo_II

Waldo_II

It really depends on what cards you are talking about. I perfer nVidia cards over ATI cards for a number of reasons. If you plan on using Linux at all, go with nVidia. nVidia has much, much better support for Linux.

6. MichaelDee

MichaelDee

Once you install either ati or nvidia, it is very hard to completely remove the drivers, and if you added the other manufacturers card on top of that, you may be looking at even more problems. There are programs you can get like crivercleaner to help remove them. You should also disable onboard video.

http://www.playtool.com/pages/uninstallgraphics/uninstall.html

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643668

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice