Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeForce VS. ATI

718 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  MichaelDee 
#1 ·
im intend to buy a video card, which is better the geforce or the ATI?

your suggestions is a big help

thanks,:)

#3 ·
There are 2 video card makers, nvidia and ati, radeon is an ati card.

It is just preference which maker you go with. Nvidia has been better for games, but now it doesn't really matter as much. Do you like ford or chevy?

What matters more is the card itself, they both produce various cards with different performance so that the 7600 and the 1600 will perform similarly, and the 8800 and the 2900 will also perform on a similar basis.

#4 ·
All I can add is that I've recently tried both vendors on my PC. ATI software caused some majors issues and I think they were related to having to run Net framework 2.0 to run their drivers. Nvidia is better but still causing other issues. I believe my onboard graphics may be causing problems with the AGP graphics cards I've tried.

#5 ·
It really depends on what cards you are talking about. I perfer nVidia cards over ATI cards for a number of reasons. If you plan on using Linux at all, go with nVidia. nVidia has much, much better support for Linux.

#6 ·
sdi said:
All I can add is that I've recently tried both vendors on my PC. ATI software caused some majors issues and I think they were related to having to run Net framework 2.0 to run their drivers. Nvidia is better but still causing other issues. I believe my onboard graphics may be causing problems with the AGP graphics cards I've tried.
Once you install either ati or nvidia, it is very hard to completely remove the drivers, and if you added the other manufacturers card on top of that, you may be looking at even more problems. There are programs you can get like crivercleaner to help remove them. You should also disable onboard video.

http://www.playtool.com/pages/uninstallgraphics/uninstall.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.