1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Geforce2MX No tv out

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jembie2002, Dec 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jembie2002

jembie2002 Thread Starter

I have this card with tv out.
    It has an S-Video port and also a video jack in it.

I cannot get the tv-out to work. I can go into settings and enable twin-view but the configuration for my tv set is greyed out.

I have installed updated drivers and still couldn't get it to work so i uninstalled the card altogether and re-installed the old drivers but still can't get it to work.

When i first bought the card, it worked fine and i was able to watch my VCD collection through the tv but i can't do that anymore.

Thanks for any help you can give :)

Jen

2. WarC

WarC

It might be a cable problem. Your video card isn't reading the TV. I own a GeForce 2 MX also, and I came across something similar at one point. It ended up being a bad coaxel cable :rolleyes: But of course, I'm an idiot so it might not be that simple.

3. brianF

brianF

You need to have the cable installed in the card and tv for the selection to be available.
    If that doesn't work try some different version drivers, I remember hearing that one version or the other disabled that feature

4. jembie2002

jembie2002 Thread Starter

Thanks.
    I was wondering if it was the cable but it works when it is connected to my stand alone DVD player.

I will try other versions of drivers also, thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63137

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice