1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Geforce4 MX 420 problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dchappers, Aug 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dchappers

Dchappers Thread Starter

I have recently brought the Geforce4 MX 420 graphics card. I have installed the newest driver for it but it appears to have a problem. When it changes automatically from my regular screen area of 1024x768 to 640x480 or 848x480 so that it can play a game t,he screen will apear off center. In most games i can fix this by changing the screen area of the game to 1024x768 and it will be alrite but some of my older games dont have this option so the screen wil always stay off center when playing. Any ideas how to fix it.
    Thanx

2. *ne0n*

*ne0n*

I have the exact same video card and...I've never experienced that. Is it like...TOTALLY off-center? Or just barely noticeable if you're looking for it? Because mine is the latter, and it's not that big of a deal.

3. Dchappers

Dchappers Thread Starter

Its pretty much totally of center as about 4cm of the left side of the screen is hidden i i get huge borders

4. Dchappers

Dchappers Thread Starter

can anyone at all help me?

5. wedor

wedor

Use the monitor controls to adjust the picture for that resolution, most newer monitors will "remember" the settings for each resolution and adjust themselves accordingly.

6. McTimson

McTimson

Do what wedor said. If your monitor doesn't remember the settings, then you'll have to change it manually each time you change resolutions.

7. compilerxp

compilerxp

Yep... older monitors (very OLD) only have one settings. Typically anyting made in the past 4 years have 5~10 memory settings.

(You dont choose these, As you change display modes - even refresh rates - the monitor will LOCK in the screen per setting you set and use)

8. *ne0n*

*ne0n*

Changing the settings on the monitor is much less of a hassle than shelling out another $100 for a new video card, so I suggest what everyone else is saying.

9. compilerxp

compilerxp

?? ??

he doesn't need a new video card (note: MX420 is fine for 2000 and older games) - its a monitor issue...

Adjust the monitror manual every time... or replace it.

10. Dchappers

Dchappers Thread Starter

sorry its been so long. Thanks guys the moniter thing worked which is a huge relief. Thank you

11. wedor

wedor

Good to hear you got it fixed, thanks for letting us know!

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/157611

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice