1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Geforce4 Mx Ssslow Gaming!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xplicit, Jan 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xplicit

xplicit Thread Starter

I have a Intel celeron 766mhz processor, 319MB, and winME.

I recently upgraded my graphics card to a geforce4 MX420 PCI, from an intel integrated card. my fps used to be around 30 while playin cs with my intel card, now with me geforce its from 20-60 but its still slow.... why?! i have updated all the drivers for graphics card etc. i have removed my intel graphics drivers(they always reapear when i restart though) whats the problem?? i ran 3D mark 2001 Se and my benchmark was about 1700!! i compared my result to others with my exact system and they scored above 2000(forgot the exact result) I have directx 9.0 already.... whats the problem??? I was thinking about trading my geforce 4 for my friecds geforce2... maybe my comp cant take the geforce 4??? what do you recommend? i put settings in lowest, highest aaaaaah everything. please help ASAP....thanks...

2. antares

antares

MX are not good cards, because their cheap. The Ti's are better.

3. -Loay-

-Loay-

Hey, its because you've got a PCI Graphics card, which aint the best cards about. Go for an AGP card (you will possibly need to upgrade the Motherboard for that).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113980

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice