1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

geforce4 mx4000 shader?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by H-2-0, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H-2-0

H-2-0 Thread Starter

hi i just bought a game called devil may cry 3 special edition for the pc..my system meets all of its requirements when i installed and tried to play the game and i got into battle i ony see a black screen the red eyes of the monsters and what i think is the sword effect..i researched in the internet about the problem and i found out that i need some sort of model shader or pixel shader, and my video card that is geforce4 mx4000 doesnt support it..question is: is there any way i can do about it? so ill be able to play my game??. like did nvidia released a software or a latest driver so pixel shader will be available in my card?

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

The only way to update pixel shaders 2.0 or 3.0 is to get a new video card.

3. krskipp

krskipp

As the other guy said, you need a new card, the one you've got is seriously old and pixel shader 2 or shader model 3 etc is a hardware issue - no amount of software updates is going to make your card support it. A radeon x1650/nvidia 7600 would be fine and will cost very little. I'm 99.9% certain it'll be the AGP version you'll need but make sure you check. Also check your power supply is up to the task as I'm guessing that'll be too small for a proper upgrade in which case you might want to look on ebay for a radeon 9600XT or something like that which doesn't need an extra power cable to run it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/675782

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice