1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

GeForce4 setting problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ctzcheng, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ctzcheng

ctzcheng Thread Starter

I have a GeForce TI4400 256mb card onboard. And I had updated the driver currently. But I found out that the memory setting had been removed, and I found that the games runs much slower.

I don't very understand about that on-baord memory thing or if it really matters. Someonme please help!

2. /\/\r.Abdul

/\/\r.Abdul

Onboard Graphics card shar memory with your pc lets just say u have a on board 64mb card and 256 meg of ram if you run it at 64mb(the card that is) your ram would actauly be 192. that all can be changed in bios.

3. ctzcheng

ctzcheng Thread Starter

I have 512 original RAM on my 800mhz cpu.
    I am currently playing battlefield but find that it lag so much, especially when aircrafts fly overhead. And it is at 800*600*16bit with the lowest video setting.
    Months ago it is better when I try to set the Video card on-board memory to a higher value through the Nvidia video driver program.
    But now the new driver has that setting take out, and the game play suffers.
    So, where can I change that other than in the driver program, and what can I do to make the gameplay smoother other than keeping my video setting to hit the ground?

4. /\/\r.Abdul

/\/\r.Abdul

bios then find where it says primary video adapter or somthing simliar then near that option somewhere will say video memory

5. ctzcheng

ctzcheng Thread Starter

I am still not sure where to find that.

6. ctzcheng

ctzcheng Thread Starter

Can someone please tell me how to find the video memory setting on NVidia bios version 4.25.00.22.21 for a GeForce 4 Ti 4400 on a Win ME.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270663

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice