1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

GeForce4 Ti 4200 issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mobius_trip, Jan 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mobius_trip

mobius_trip Thread Starter

moved computer across the room today, setup and boot, and wont boot past winXp scolling blue bar screen with geforce in, had to throw a voodoo3 from the closet in to get it to boot,(it was running fine before i moved it) what could cause a card to lock up the system like that every time? is there any way to fix the card? could it be a card bios issue?... im sure more info was needed to help diagnose the problem but i dont know what info to provide, please tell me

2. Majixlt

Majixlt

If you just moved it across the room I'd double check that it was plugged in good first.
    If not the problem I'm sure someone more knowledgable then I am on..They will fix you up

3. mobius_trip

mobius_trip Thread Starter

well, i did some fiddilin around with it and i found the problem, apparently somehow XP in its infinite wisdom corrupted the video cards drivers, it was hanging trying to load them, uninstalled the drivers with other video card in, cleaned out all traces of them, put my card back in and it booted, then reinstalled a fresh set of drivers and im all good, thanks anyways for the help, and about XP.... *eyes his slackware disc*

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/320680

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice