1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Geforce4 ti4600 with green lines??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by X_Gamer7, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. X_Gamer7

X_Gamer7 Thread Starter

I have to make this quick because my new AGP Geforce4 ti4600 is getting reall hot for some reason. But the main problem is that there are green lines going down the screen like this | | | | | | | and they are like that all the way across the screen. I installed the newest drivers, but not even my motherboard is recognizing the ti4600. When I go to display, it says "default monitor on" and it says no video card. When I go to advanced and then to adapter, everything is blank, Ramdack type, gpu type, everything. So then I click on properties, and it says "VGA Save" for the drivers and everything. I just bought this and dont want to ruin it....help? Please hurry though, Im usually not in a rush, but this is really worrying me.
    Thanks,
    -X

2. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

How's the BIOS look? Set for AGP now and an IRQ? You may want to try some 4x.xx series drivers as the newer ones are optimized for the much newer cards. I stayed with 44.03 with mine.

3. X_Gamer7

X_Gamer7 Thread Starter

Yes, the BIOS is okay, even though i cant see anything that is in the bios. Even that is messed up, all the letters are all scrambled up and different colors. I had to refer to the manual to make sure those settings were okay. the RAM on this video card is getting extremely hot almost to where it hurts to touch it, is it safe to leave it going? I really want this to work out :) but I dont want to burn a video card in the process :(
    Thanks
    -X

4. X_Gamer7

X_Gamer7 Thread Starter

beautiful, just beautiful. I did some researching on the net, and tried a few tests. Guess what? one worked. Guess what made it work? I had to push down on the corner of the card, because a lot of Nvidia cards have problems with the fitting in the AGP slot. bahaha thats hilarious.... all that time.... jeez
    Anyway, I will post if anymore problems occur
    Thanks,
    -X

5. brite750

brite750

Don't you just hate when that happens? :rolleyes:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273627

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice