1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Geforce4 video card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Darkcarnival, Sep 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Darkcarnival

Darkcarnival Thread Starter

I bought a geforce4 video card and put it in my comp. now i cant get the onboard video card to go away i've tried all the basic and easy stuff but nothing works someone help and one of my serial bus is now conflicting.

motherbaord:AM37312
    compaq presario :S4020WM

2. panzer999

panzer999

So you went into Control Panel\System\Device Manager, right-clicked and selected properties for the on-board card, and put a check in the box 'Disable in this hardware profile'?

3. Darkcarnival

yes--i have even went as far as uninstalling the driver but to no avail went into bios and disable onboard video but it still conflicting with my geforce

4. Darkcarnival

oh and my onboard video is that pro savage thing--if u call that video lol

5. panzer999

panzer999

Once you disabled it, did you try reinstalling the drivers for the G-force?

Also, in the device manager, try changing the settings under 'Resources' for the Savage.

6. Deathdealer

Deathdealer Guest

i have same problem but its the other way around i want to use my onboard graphic card but it keeps saying 'cant start device'

(i disabled the one i put in)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163802

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice