1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

General Concenses

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Lockeyp, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lockeyp

Lockeyp Thread Starter

What is the general concenses of the group. What are the pros and cons of Windows8.

Lockeyp.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If you intended those two declarative sentences to be questions you can read the threads in this forum and collect your own data; then make your own conclusion and lists.

Many of the pros and cons are in the eyes of the beholder. For example Fast Boot is really great (pro) for some people. For others it's horrible (con).

3. raybro

raybro

To add to what TerryNet has said, any new OS has historically been complained about simply because it is different from the already proven out version that preceded it (with some exceptions, like ME). Its just a matter of giving it some time and people learning to deal with the differences. I have my old XP Home laptop and my New Win 8 laptop side by side. The Win 8 machine is beyond any doubt faster in all respects, but the old XP machine is "comfortable". There are clearly some operational aspects of Win 8 I do not care for (like the Start screen), so I've installed the Classic Shell start button. Much more friendly. I like em both and use em both. I'm leaning towards the Win 8 machine not because of the OS, but because of the large, clear display. Overall, there isn't a whole lot of difference after some minor tweaking.

In order to get comfortable with Win 8, one must do some research about the differences. One important one is the implementation of UEFI instead of the traditional BIOS in most, if not all computers purchased with Win 8 preinstalled. UEFI is discussed in detail by another TSG member in this TSG thread. Well worth the read.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083963

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice