1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

General PC freezing

Discussion in 'General Security' started by dunc453, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dunc453

dunc453 Thread Starter

Hey
    so i am having problems with my PC (again)
    BAsically, when i run opera (my web browser) every so often it freezes, says not responding, i wait a few seconds and it unfreezes.
    In other programs the same happens, freezes and starts again after a few seconds.

I have just run registry fox six to try and fix 418 corrupted dll files.

Hope it helps
    If you have any other ideas please please help
    Thanks
    Duncan

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Try a system restore back to an earlier date.

Start > All Programs > Accesories > System Tools > System Restore.

3. dunc453

dunc453 Thread Starter

i am afraid i would have tried that already, but i am locked out of system restore. another virus those fools planted.

any other ideas?

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

5. dunc453

dunc453 Thread Starter

thanks, i doubt it would be a virus, i just did a scan using panda security of every single byte of meh pc, came up with about 300 trojans viruses etc, deleted all.

Still running slowly
    I cant see it being an issue with RAM, can you?
    I am thinking it maybe a issue with temp. files. II am deraging now and just did cleanup. Do that once a week but ya never know.

I will do a HJS log and will post in the proper place.
    EDIT LINK:

6. dunc453

dunc453 Thread Starter

well i havent a clue what i did but most of the said freezing has gone. Opera is working fine and it seems to be faster.
    I am not marking this solved yet, because it isnt. IE 8 still freezes, which is IE 8 problem, it is very unstable beta.
    I cant play flv videos on sites like youtube and google video, when i download them they dont work. I have a feeling it is a codec problem but i am not sure because it doesnt say i need to download latest flash version. Any ideas on this one?

Apart from that most things are perfect. Well with windows nothing is perfect, however now i can happily buy the new components knowing they wont be a waste on a broken system.

Thanks everyone

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!