General pc issue, apps crashing and firefox tabs crashing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

coral69

Yesterday i installed a new motherboard, cpu and ram. All of which are compatible with each other. I run a 1050 ti and a intel i5 9400F, 16gb ram on a 500w cooler master power supply. GPU and and PSU are about 1 year old. I only got these problems after installing the new motherboard, cpu and ram. I had no problems booting the pc and it seemed like everything worked fine. I installed some of the drivers (some may be missing im not 100% sure if i did all of them correctly), but most should be correct.

I first noticed the crashings as i launched cs go, discord and firefox at the same time. (within 2-3 minutes of each other). Opening some apps made the others crash and sometimes loop. Discord would shut down and start back up, cs:go would just shut down along with steam. And firefox tabs would also crash saying something like "oops we've ran into a problem, try refreshing".

I feel like if this was a hardware problem my pc wouldnt boot or any indicator lamps on my motherboard would light up but only SB_PWR lamp is lighting up. I quickly googled it and its supposed to just show that power is on and connecting to the motherboard.

If any more infiormation is needed please ask ill try to answer as well as i can. Hope anyone is able to help :D <3

Edit: All fans inside the pc are running, everything seems like it is working, but some apps just shut down randomly. Sorta suffocates

Last edited:

coral69

Adding pc specs:
PSU: Cooler Master B500 V2
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Aero ITX OC
CPU: Intel Core i5-9400F
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B360-F
Ram: Ballistix sport LT DDR4 16gb

If different apps crash, and they seem unrelated, usually it is a RAM problem - return the RAM you bought for exchange.

managed

Allan
You don't mention re-installing Windows so are you still using Windows that was installed onto the older hardware ?

What make and model was the old motherboard ?

coral69

Sorry i havent responded, i reinstalled windows made sure all old drivers were gone. (AFAIK they are). I also checked my old ram to see if that fixed anything, it sadly hasn't changed anything.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online