1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

General pc issue, apps crashing and firefox tabs crashing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by coral69, Aug 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. coral69

coral69 Thread Starter

Yesterday i installed a new motherboard, cpu and ram. All of which are compatible with each other. I run a 1050 ti and a intel i5 9400F, 16gb ram on a 500w cooler master power supply. GPU and and PSU are about 1 year old. I only got these problems after installing the new motherboard, cpu and ram. I had no problems booting the pc and it seemed like everything worked fine. I installed some of the drivers (some may be missing im not 100% sure if i did all of them correctly), but most should be correct.

I first noticed the crashings as i launched cs go, discord and firefox at the same time. (within 2-3 minutes of each other). Opening some apps made the others crash and sometimes loop. Discord would shut down and start back up, cs:go would just shut down along with steam. And firefox tabs would also crash saying something like "oops we've ran into a problem, try refreshing".

I feel like if this was a hardware problem my pc wouldnt boot or any indicator lamps on my motherboard would light up but only SB_PWR lamp is lighting up. I quickly googled it and its supposed to just show that power is on and connecting to the motherboard.

If any more infiormation is needed please ask ill try to answer as well as i can. Hope anyone is able to help :D <3

Edit: All fans inside the pc are running, everything seems like it is working, but some apps just shut down randomly. Sorta suffocates

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  2. coral69

coral69 Thread Starter

Adding pc specs:
    PSU: Cooler Master B500 V2
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Aero ITX OC
    CPU: Intel Core i5-9400F
    Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B360-F
    Ram: Ballistix sport LT DDR4 16gb

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

If different apps crash, and they seem unrelated, usually it is a RAM problem - return the RAM you bought for exchange.

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    You don't mention re-installing Windows so are you still using Windows that was installed onto the older hardware ?

What make and model was the old motherboard ?

5. coral69

coral69 Thread Starter

Sorry i havent responded, i reinstalled windows made sure all old drivers were gone. (AFAIK they are). I also checked my old ram to see if that fixed anything, it sadly hasn't changed anything.

6. coral69

coral69 Thread Starter

Old motherboard was MSI Bazooka B250, new one is ASUS ROG STRIX B360-F

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231985

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice