1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Generation Gap

Discussion in 'Tech-Related News' started by Rob Pearson, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rob Pearson

Rob Pearson Thread Starter

Not so much news of anything new, but an interesting overview of the current Digital Generation Gap...

http://www.novaspivack.com/uncategorized/the-digital-generation-gap

2. oksteve

oksteve

I worry about my grandchildren, surrounded by tech and the psychological impact of having ADD. That everything has to be NOW!
    Being judged by others on Twitter or Facebook and the endless reality shows suggesting you too can be famous if only you were not so ordinary.

Ordinary !! indeed NOO we must never be that !!!

Digital divides are created to assume their own status, a must have for the next generation. If Mum and Dad hate it, it must be good for me. As todays children grow up and realise we are all being conned 24/7 their children are taken in by the hype and so on and so on. Each generation playing the same game as the previous and no one stops it. Governments and businesses all too busy making money from it to care about the harm its doing to us all as a species. We are devolving and we don't know it.

3. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Kids learn and use what works best for them, fast access to information, friends etc. I think the problem is more that us adults have a hard time breaking old habits to learn what our kids are into.

4. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

I think the younger generation should have to use a rotary dial phone for a month before getting any technology driven device.

Man would that make them mad grrrrrrrrrrr.

[​IMG]

5. oksteve

oksteve

lol Mumbo, or dial up access to facebook hahahahaha

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917119

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice