1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Generic Digital Graphic Tablet advice please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mac the fork, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mac the fork

mac the fork Thread Starter

Has any reader of this got one of the generic (ie unbranded -that is to say its a "nisis" make, but nisis isnt a real company. While it lists itself as being on www.nisis.com, not one google return with the word 'nisis' in, is from such a site. I conclude therefore, that such a site has never existed) Digital Graphics Tablets?

I ask, becuase i have one, and reading through the indtructions prior to installing it, it has some ominous advice.

First it recommends creating a System Restore Point before attempting installation. Okay, sound enough advice, i suppose, but it seems to suggest I can expect MAJOR problems if the installation fails. (in fact the handbook says as much.)

Secondly it then advises -not only closing down all other software before installation -but closing down all Unnecessary PROCESSES too! (I have never heard that one before)

So i am asking;
    Has anyone successfully installed one of thes Digital Graphic Tablets?
    Any problems? Any advice on it?
    How can I identify which processes i can safely shut down (it wants me to disable the mouse software) and which are necessary for windows to run?

ive been itching to try it out, but the installation instructions are scaring the life out of me
    :confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!