Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Generic Gaming Mouse not installing

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mmarc30 
#1 ·
I bought this mouse from ebay, it is a generic, 2000 dpi mouse. From the ebay page, it said the mouse is just plug and play to work. I plugged it in but it only shows up as a HID complaint mouse with a question mark in device manager of windows. I have searched far and wide but I cannot find the drivers for this thing to work.

Any help?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-ABYSS...rts-/110755954030?pt=Mice&hash=item19c991bd6e
That's the ebay page.

#2 ·
If it's anything like my mouse, with 12 buttons, it will definitely need a driver to function. I'll dig out the driver CD later today if you don't find anything. It might work. Who knows?

If you only have 5 buttons, plus the middle-click and middle-button sideways click, you can probably operate it with Xmouse Button Control. It's a fantastic, generic mouse controller that I use on all my machines, even those with normal buttons, to assign various functions to the buttons that can be done on a per app basis. For example, I can assign button 5 to scroll in Word, but to open a new page from a link in a browser or to go back a page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.