Generic IEEE 1284.4 printing support - PROBLEM

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mg6782

Hi

I've been trying to reinstall my HP Photosmart printer after a reinstall of XP but everytime I load the drivers, i get a "found new hardware" message for Generic IEEE 1284.4 printing support. Each time it cannot find the drivers in any location and I can't stop the found new hardware message popping up everytime i start windows etc.

Few more bits of info:
- I am able to print through the printer although printing is VERY slow.
- I have other USB devices connected and these work fine.
- I'm running Win XP Home, with SP1 and SP2 (as I understood it USB support was included in SP1 but I already have this installed).

Grateful for any help and ideas!!

Thanks
Matt :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online