generic volume vista

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tammy20

Hi I have vista and just purchased lexar lightning usb....i am trying to take it out safely, but it says windows cant stop your generic volume device because it is in use. I went to safely remove and it let me click on drives h i and j to safely remove but not drive k which is what the lexar is...please help me:)

Forum Rules: Don't double post.

Be sure all programs and files that were being used on the USB drive are closed, including Windows Explorer windows. Try again. If that doesn't fix it, shut down the computer and remove the USB drive.

tammy20

Thank you, it did not work so I shut the computer down. I am sorry I double posted...this was my first time and I was not for sure I did it right. Thank you for your help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts