1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

genie Timeline warning message

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by starnelka, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starnelka

starnelka Thread Starter

First Name:
    Vow
    Since adding a LaCie Genie Timeline external drive I receive the following message every couple of weeks:

"Warning! Backup not configured. Genie Timeline is unable to access backup settings. You must configure a new backup or your data will not be protected."

Then I have the option to either close the warning box or to start a new backup which I always do. However, this is happening so frequently that there must be a problem somewhere either with the external drive or with the settings. Can anyone shed any light on the matter?

I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 and run Windows 7 and Firefox.

2. leicray

leicray

For what it's worth, I'm experiencing essentially the same problem with Timeline Pro 2, though the error message is worded slightly differently. I too am using Windows 7 and I'm saving backups to an external NAS built using NASLite.

I've posted a query to the Genie forums, but I'm still waiting for a reply.

Oddly, this evening when I booted my PC it looks like Timeline is happy again and knows what and where to backup. Rather odd.

3. starnelka

starnelka Thread Starter

First Name:
    Vow
    I have the added problem in that Windows is not now saving my work where it should. I' totally bemused.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025977

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice