genie Timeline warning message

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Nelli0

Since adding a LaCie Genie Timeline external drive I receive the following message every couple of weeks:

"Warning! Backup not configured. Genie Timeline is unable to access backup settings. You must configure a new backup or your data will not be protected."

Then I have the option to either close the warning box or to start a new backup which I always do. However, this is happening so frequently that there must be a problem somewhere either with the external drive or with the settings. Can anyone shed any light on the matter?

I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 and run Windows 7 and Firefox.

For what it's worth, I'm experiencing essentially the same problem with Timeline Pro 2, though the error message is worded slightly differently. I too am using Windows 7 and I'm saving backups to an external NAS built using NASLite.

I've posted a query to the Genie forums, but I'm still waiting for a reply.

Oddly, this evening when I booted my PC it looks like Timeline is happy again and knows what and where to backup. Rather odd.

Nelli0

I have the added problem in that Windows is not now saving my work where it should. I' totally bemused.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online