Solved Genie Timeline

Robm1955

I posted and couple of months ago, about my pc being slow, and followed advice I was given, but it was still slow. I put this down to being full of stuff, I'd installed, as well as video files, and music, etc. I've been trying to clean things out, so I can speed it up, and a while ago, I noticed a lot of compressed files, that said Genie Timeline. I can't remember installing this, but it seems to back up, every document, picture, or video, I have opened. I thought I had deleted this program, but I have found the folder, with all the zip files in, and some have been created recently. Does anyone know about this software, and how to remove it totally? The space taken up by these .zip files is 200+gb. No wonder my pc's slowing down.

Couriant

James
Hello!

Can you confirm if you have it listed in Settings > Apps?

Robm1955

Apps? I'm running Windows 10. I've gone into settings, uninstall or change a program, which lists all programs, and it's not there.

Couriant

James
Apps? I'm running Windows 10. I've gone into settings, uninstall or change a program, which lists all programs, and it's not there.
In Windows 10, Apps is the equivalent to Add/Remove Programs that you find in Control Panel. :)

Check under Task Manager > Startup Tab (you may need to press More Information on the bottom if you do not see the tabs on the top) and see if it's listed there.

Robm1955

No, still not visible. I may have successfully deleted it, but one folder in the zip files, states modified 20.10.20, but when I open this folder, the subfolder, gives an earlier date, perhaps I'm wrong about it, still backing up, but it seems strange that it has todays date, as being modified.

Couriant

James
No, still not visible. I may have successfully deleted it, but one folder in the zip files, states modified 20.10.20, but when I open this folder, the subfolder, gives an earlier date, perhaps I'm wrong about it, still backing up, but it seems strange that it has todays date, as being modified.
OK, another place would be to check MSCONFIG first and under services see if you can find anything that resembles the program. Also to confirm, is there any folders in Program Files or Program Files (x86) for Time Genie? If so, see if there is an uninstaller.

Robm1955

Checked, msconfig, and both Program folders, and can't find it, so I must have managed to delete it.

Couriant

James
Sounds like you did. I wonder if the date showed if you already tried to view the folder?

Robm1955

Thanks for your help/suggestions on this. To be honest, some of things it backed up/archived, would be useful, but, I would say, 80% isn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online