1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Genuine Validation of Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by holymoly, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. holymoly

holymoly Thread Starter

I've had Vista for 3 years now but due to installer issues, had to do a re-install.

The problem is I have a black desktop and a message saying it is not genuine,

I have tried the link support.microsoft.com/pag where I get directed to a download a validation tool.

I run the app and I get a quick flash of a screen, saying this may take a few moments, and it disappears.

Anything else I can do?

2. madmin

madmin

removed by mod

3. valis

valis Moderator

madmin, I've removed your link; in the future, please refrain from posting questionable links.

holymoly, your best bet (if it's is not clearing up activation when you go to the MS website) is to contact MS. It doesn't take that long, and they will be able to verify that your OS is genuine.

thanks,

v

4. holymoly

holymoly Thread Starter

Hi I was able to get in touch with MS, wow its like trying to call the government, to speak to the right person.

the person verified that Vista that it was already genuine but all the updates, I had issues with,

He did a remote access and did a virus scan that proved negative then rebooted with updates.

the issue is the PC rebooted about 30 times in 2 hours, and upon another reboot I changed the boot order to

boot under a drive I have XP installed.

I was surprised the MS did a follow-up call and I relayed the issue. My plan is to load in Vista and let it do its updates
    overnight. Not sure the above process should be happening to do updates. With my XP I had a Service Pack once mailed to me and the update process was much shorter.

Anyway MS surprised me again and provided a follow-up phone number to call though at my request.

So is this update process normal, ie: rebooting 30 times over 2 hours? With my re-install the Vista was restored to SP1

5. holymoly

holymoly Thread Starter

Update.

My PC was on all night and Vista rebooted and rebooted.......

What's an acronym for Vista? I can come up with one.

Oh, the last MS support conversation, was told "why don't you go to the microsoft online store, Windows 7 is
    now available"

Before I contacted MS support, I only had update issues. With their remote assistance, I now can't even log in. Perpectual updating.

Way to go Microsoft.... (n)

6. holymoly

holymoly Thread Starter

Haven't heard back from MS. They haven't responded to my case # email.

So what options do I have? Still the Vista installation disk in the DVD rom and hope it reinstalls?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027764

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice