geocities TOS

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

horsehelp

Hi,

I'm hoping someone here can enlighten me.
Our horse rescue service had a free website hosted by geocities.
Yahoo closed it down suddenly saying we had breached the TOS. When we asked how, they said it was because we had links to other sites.
Our links were only to other rescue sites who reciprocate by having a link to our site on theirs.
Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thank you for your time,

HH.

I see lots of geocities sites with links to other sites all the time. So it's weird that Yahoo would shut you down for that?

horsehelp

Thanks. I hadn't thought to look at other sites. I know geocities has free and paid sites. I'll look into whether the other sites with links on are free ones like ours.

HH

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online