1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

German to English problem on a netbook

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by spartan red, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. spartan red

spartan red Thread Starter

My mate has got a new netbook but has put German as the default language not english before the pc computeruser name and password.

I have been told that it cannot be altered we have to set it up in German leave the password blank then alter in the normal way but it will be all in German so might be a bit tricky.

Can it be altered before we progress any further or do we have to carry on and change it later if so what would be the quickest way to change the language.

Thanks

2. Lance1

Lance1

3. spartan red

spartan red Thread Starter

Hi Lance

Its Windows 7 starter I have tried change system locale but it does not go to the same drop down box as on my Vista program which I can change the language with no problems.

I suspect Windows 7 starter only allows one language on start up after that you have purchase a language pack but not sure.

Can I go to a restore point before the German languge was selected?

4. w7pro

w7pro

As far as I can tell, Lance1 might be right and the only way you could go back is to purchase a language pack, at which point you'd have to upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate, which is the only one that allows you to switch around languages at will. There is some info here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/compare

You could also try doing a clean install to see if that can help resolve your issue.

-- Ryan
    Windows Outreach Team

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972053

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice