1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Get a radio program onto computer

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by plopy, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. plopy

plopy Thread Starter

Excuse the lack of terminology but what im looking to do is......

A radio station has on its website a program that has already happened and you can listen to it in a stream ( i think its called) but what i want to do is save it onto my computer. I have tried right clicking and pressing 'save target as' but it just saves the link.

Help!

Sorry if this has been asked 1000 times before but i just didnt understand the terminology!:)

2. Miz

Miz

A Google search for "save streaming audio" will yield about 400,000 hits. Several on the first page look like they provide the information you're looking for.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I use Winamp and StreamRipper for compatible stations. There are several types of streaming audio, so you'll have to find the compatible program to capture it.

4. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Put a patch cable with a switch on it in between the speakers and the microphone, then just record off the mike while you play the streaming sound out the speakers. There's always more than one way to skin a cat.

5. Davey7549

Davey7549

plopy
    Many sound cards come with software that have a recorder incorporated in it. For instance the Sound Blaster cards have Create Recorder as part of the software and there are options within the recorder to select "Record what you hear".
    You may want to check your program files and see if your system has anything like that.

Dave

6. Filewasp

Filewasp

I wonder if the files are in the windows/temporary internet files folder and one could wipe them clean just before streaming them. You cold find them easier then since they are labled so oddly. They could be even stored in the media players file folder.

7. plopy

plopy Thread Starter

Thanks for your help guys, got a recorder from download.com, was only a trial, so couldnt do what i wanted, not really willing to pay as i dont really want to use it often. Oh well, just have to hope the link stays up for long enough!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164205

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice