1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Get an ERROR CODE when i try to burn DVDs

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by jitenkm, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jitenkm

jitenkm Thread Starter

Aug 29, 2007
    hi i m a newbie, my pc configuration is
    AMD Athlon 64 x 2 dual core 3600 ,512 mb ram,
    gigabyte GA-M51GM-S2G motherboard,NVIDIA GeForce 6100'
    windows xp professional sp2

i m having issues when i try to burn DVDs( it is able to read them properly)
    my DVD Burner is samsung DVD- RW SH-S 182 F/IDBH (18X)
    i use NERO 6 that came with this DVD writer.
    whenever i try to burn a Data DVD , after the caching of the files is completed nero reports an error & burning is aborted

i then used a trial of CYBERLINK POWER2GO which also gave the error : ERROR CODE 0xeb020b88

PLS help me out , i m in a confusion..thanx in advance
  2. mcc99

Aug 30, 2007
    Make sure you have the latest XP SP2-compatible version of Nero. Being a registered user, you should be able to DL the upgrade if any from the Nero site for free.

Secondly, I have never had success with the burn-at-once mode on Nero. With it off, you will have to have room on your hard drive for the transcoded files (usually 5 GB if you are burning a full 4.7 GB set of files), but the burn process takes about the same amt. of time. But every time I tried burn-at-once, I got errors.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/616848