1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Get blown offline trying to access websites

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kdt585, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdt585

kdt585 Thread Starter

I am using Windows XP Home. IE Explorer 6, AOL 9SE.

2 weeks ago I was able to access my credit union's website in order to do my home banking and bill paying online. This past Friday I attempted to access it again and each time I try I get knocked off line. I have tried using AOL, IE and Mozilla. The page begins to load and then I'm tossed off line.

Today I attempted to access a local TV station website and the same thing happened.

I was able to access my CU account from work over the weekend, but am unable to do so at home.

I have removed IE 7, I have removed AOL Security, I have disabled my firewall, I have run all kinds of spyware scans and all of that stuff. I have lowered my security level, I have increased my security level.

I'm at my wits end and I don't know how to fix this.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541550

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice