Get disconnected when opening Windows Explorer

CationAnion

Whenever I open, any windows explorer, my internet drops to 0 kbps for more than 10 seconds. It is noticeable whenever I'm on Discord or any platform that has live interactions such as online games and zoom meetings. I do not necessarily get disconnected. All feedbacks were just cut at the moment and after some time, it would return. I have found a similar problem in this forum but I need further assistance for i cannot find the solution for my problem.

Here is the link of someone who got a similar problem
https://forums.techguy.org/threads/...connects-my-internet-for-about-a-minu.874200/

plodr

Liz
You don't need an internet connection to open Windows Explorer.
I have 2 computers with no internet connection and I can open Windows Explorer to see what files are on the computers.

CationAnion

You don't need an internet connection to open Windows Explorer.
I have 2 computers with no internet connection and I can open Windows Explorer to see what files are on the computers.
Yes, I am well aware of that. I don't think you understand my problem. My issue is whenever I open Windows Explorer, I get disconnected from the internet. I am able to use Windows explorer but other software that require internet connection suddenly stops for more than 10 seconds.

plodr

Liz
My issue is whenever I open Windows Explorer, I get disconnected from the internet.
If you know that happens, don't open Windows Explorer while you are on the internet.

Since I'm unable to reproduce your problem, I can't begin to figure out why you get disconnected.
I open Windows Explorer all the time to paste items into forum posts and don't get disconnected.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Please describe your complete network, beginning with your ISP and including modem, router(s), switch(es) and how everything is interconnected.
It would be helpful for starters by telling us the make & model of the your computer(s)?
Also please download our free system info utility from the following link:
https://static.techguy.org/download/tsginfo.exe
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about your computer will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

CationAnion

If you know that happens, don't open Windows Explorer while you are on the internet.

Since I'm unable to reproduce your problem, I can't begin to figure out why you get disconnected.
I open Windows Explorer all the time to paste items into forum posts and don't get disconnected.
I would like to resolve this issue since it is starting to become a bother because when I am in a zoom meeting, I cannot open my files without getting disconnected.

CationAnion

Please describe your complete network, beginning with your ISP and including modem, router(s), switch(es) and how everything is interconnected.
It would be helpful for starters by telling us the make & model of the your computer(s)?
Also please download our free system info utility from the following link:
https://static.techguy.org/download/tsginfo.exe
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about your computer will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

I don't think the problem is with my internet connection since I have tried connecting to other networks and the problem still persists. Here is a demonstration about my problem. Note that I played a random music in discord so that I would need to have a stable connection for it to play.

Here is the video link of the demonstration of my problem.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qdcDeDIUFW57a7o4viZssVjErxDe82Lw/view?usp=sharing

On another note, I think the problem has something to do with media codec pack as stated by others but unfortunately I do not understand that.

CationAnion

I don't think the problem is with my internet connection since I have tried connecting to other networks and the problem still persists. Here is a demonstration about my problem. Note that I played a random music in discord so that I would need to have a stable connection for it to play.

Here is the video link of the demonstration of my problem.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qdcDeDIUFW57a7o4viZssVjErxDe82Lw/view?usp=sharing

On another note, I think the problem has something to do with media codec pack as stated by others but unfortunately I do not understand that.
I forgot to include this.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language, 64 bit, Build 19041, Installed 20201003130234.000000+480
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, AMD64 Family 23 Model 24 Stepping 1, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
Hard Drives: C: 465 GB (264 GB Free); D: 931 GB (760 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. FX505DT, ver 1.0, s/n L311NRCV0032NUMB
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver _ASUS_ - 1072009, s/n L5NRCV00K90319E
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Does this happen if you start the program first and then select the file needed from within the program?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Have you tried the other methods of open Windows Explorer?
Windows key +e
Different icon

Are you using an "Admin" or Standard user account?
Have you tried a different user account?

CationAnion

Yes tried doing that and the problem stil persists. :( And yes i am using an Admin account.

I don't know if this would help but i tried resetting my pc and somehow for the first few days, the problem is gone but then after 4 days i think, the problem reappears.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online