1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Get fonts to work on another user profile

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by capescafe, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. capescafe

capescafe Thread Starter

SysInfo:
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2046 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 301807 MB, Free - 225176 MB; G: Total - 194418 MB, Free - 142776 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0RY007
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was just wondering how I can get my fonts to work on a different user profile on my computer. I don't normally work on my Admin profile. But I when I need to install a new font, I go do that in my Admin profile but when I come back to my other user profile I cannot find the font to use in Photoshop for example. Is there a way to fix this so my fonts are available no matter what profile I'm on?

2. Dan O

Dan O

Do not save them in the My Documents folder, which is unique per user.

Create a separate font folder, such as C:\Font

3. capescafe

capescafe Thread Starter

I don't save them in the My Documents folder. I go to Windows > Fonts and click on Install New Font... and then install it. So isn't that folder for all users?

4. Dan O

Dan O

Yes, the C:\Windows\fonts folder should be available to all users. But try creating a C:\Fonts folder and see what happens.

5. capescafe

capescafe Thread Starter

Ok I'll try that. But then do I still install the fonts in the C://Windows/Fonts folder? Or do I just place the fonts in C://Fonts then install a new font but not copy it to the windows/fonts folder?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031264

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice