Get index page higher in Google instead of other pages.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

camy

Just finished a website and Ive read all the usual SEO optimization stuff and my page is where i want it to be in google search but the top 3 are all random pages from my website, not the index page which has the meta description.
Anyone know how I can prioritize the google search to either just have the index page as the main search result or have it as the top. Why would it not just use the index page as default? The metatag+description are both on the index page
cheers

...strange... ok so search engines work by finding words that match your search... so.. perhaps your other pages have more references to your search query than you home page... aslo you can submit a sitemap to google this might help aswell as telling the google crawl not to list those pages...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online