1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Get index page higher in Google instead of other pages.

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by camy, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. camy

camy Thread Starter

Just finished a website and Ive read all the usual SEO optimization stuff and my page is where i want it to be in google search but the top 3 are all random pages from my website, not the index page which has the meta description.
    Anyone know how I can prioritize the google search to either just have the index page as the main search result or have it as the top. Why would it not just use the index page as default? The metatag+description are both on the index page
    cheers

2. dukevyner

dukevyner

...strange... ok so search engines work by finding words that match your search... so.. perhaps your other pages have more references to your search query than you home page... aslo you can submit a sitemap to google this might help aswell as telling the google crawl not to list those pages...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024939

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice