1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Get out of edit mode

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by rustyrr, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rustyrr

rustyrr Thread Starter

I have Windows 7 Professional. When I am keying in Windows 10, the document mysteriously goes into review mode with red print underlined and changes. I don't want to see this EVER. I have hated this mode since Windows 3. How do I get out of this mode? Using control shift 8 doesn't work neither does using the paragraph symbol.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    What is "keying in Windows 10"? Why did you post in the Windows 10 forum if you are using Windows 7?

What document? In what application is it open?

3. rustyrr

rustyrr Thread Starter

My operating system is Windows 7 Professional. I am having trouble with Word 10. Mysteriously, when I am keying on a Word document, it goes into review mode with red underlined type. How do I get out of this mode? There is no review icon in this Word program. I have hated this review mode ever since I encountered it in Word 2003 when I was forced to bypass this mode every time I started up Word. My Word document is unusable unless I can get back to regular mode. How can I do it?

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    OK, I moved the thread to Business Applications, where you are more likely to get help.

Is this Word 10 a legitimate program or a hacked pirated version of Microsoft Word? If the former can you give us a link to a description of it?

5. Abe999

Abe999

Sounds like the Proofing option "Check spelling as you type" is turned on. Go to File tab, Options, Proofing to turn it off.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Is Word 10 actually Microsoft Word 2010 or something else? By "keying" do you mean "typing"?

If it's MS Word 2010 and if it's not spell check then you might have enabled Track Changes/Markup, See here: https://support.office.com/en-gb/ar...n-or-off-af319ed2-7cf8-4c44-9359-ca2faf9d8655

Since this option is not enabled by default you either turned it on or are hitting a key combination to enable it as you work on a document.

See here for Word 2010 hot keys: http://www.veodin.com/keyrocket/word-2010-shortcuts/
    Search that site for the word "Show" or "Markup" to see the possible key combinations to disable/enable certain things.
    Example:
    Alt, H, 8 Show All - Show paragraph marks and other hidden formatting symbols. - Home > Paragraph > Show All

7. rustyrr

rustyrr Thread Starter

This is a purchased copy of Word 10.

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    There's no such thing as Word 10, who's it made by, can you post a link this product?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144655

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice