1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Get PhotoImpact 6 for $9.99

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by hewee, Dec 16, 2001.

Advertisement
  1. hewee

hewee Thread Starter

Get PhotoImpact 6 for $9.99 after rebates.

$49.99
    $10.00 instant savings
    $30.00 Mfr. mail-in rebate.

$9.99 your cost

Two days ONLY at COMPUSA

Don't know if the $30.00 Mfr. mail-in rebate is a upgrade for a Ulead only or if it can be used as a rebate for other image programs you have from other companys.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hmmmmmmm, one of the richest men in Mexico bought CompUSA....but do you think we've got one here in Acapulco.......Noooooooooooooooooo :(

3. rhettman5

rhettman5

now THAT strikes me funny :D

As far as Comp USA goes, they do have some good deals, but, watch for the bate and switch.

I have been drawn by weekend adds, only to find that there were only a few units (various products) available. The higher priced version always seems to be available however,,hmmmmm

I would call before going, and request a hold on a product, ticks me off when a large chain only has a few of the "special" sale products available !...Rhett

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Being known as the "rebate queen" I will say that while I am in Vegas, I do watch the ads, and make sure I'm there bright and early for any rebate specials that I want........and I have ALWAYS gotten my rebates, but make sure you keep a photocopy of all of your documentation.......as they do sometimes 'get lost.' (never quite have figured out where....... )

I think I have more free items in my computer closet than I know what to do with, hehehe...... :)

I don't think you'll be able to talk them into holding specials though.....it's usually first come, first serve, and like Rhett said, limited quantities......sometimes it seems like 1, lol! :(

5. RT

RT

Yah, and hewee got that one! :)

Or, he's getting a kickback from whomever distributes Ulead products...:confused:
    I heard he's holdin' out for version 8.sumpthin'n'ruther :)

Daang it! That's a deal...
    I would check it out, but it's too close to Christmas to have the dough floating around while awaiting the rebate, if you know what I mean.

6. rhettman5

rhettman5

If Hewee was supposed to pay $59.99, and got $10.00 instant savings ($49.99) then sent for the rebate, - postage, of $30.00 ($19.99 - postage) where is the other $10.00 of savings ?? Just wondering :)...rhett

7. rhettman5

rhettman5

:D hewee...I see you edited your post!

I am not to good at math, but I caught that one...Rhett

8. hewee

hewee Thread Starter

rhettman5,

I know you have to watch out on some of the deals because they may have only 1 or 2 of something. But on this software I bet they have a lot more.
    There is PhotoImpact 7 out now and they want to get all the version 6 moved.

Ok I edit the price. I was looking at the web sit also and it was more there but I did not see the sale on it. I have not installed Adobe Acrobat on this PC yet so I could not see the PDF ad pages that are the same as you get in the new paper.
    http://www.compusa.com/AdProducts/ad_menu.asp
    I did get the rebates part right.

PDF page
    http://www.compusa.com/AdProducts/pdf_menu.asp
    It the Wrapper Inside page.

RT,

Have PhotoImpact 6 and 7 now.:D

I wish I was was getting a kickback.
    They do have something where you can get money from them if you have one of there ads on your site and they click tru to ulead and buy software but don't know how much you get. But if I get a web site you bet I will find out.
    Look to see if they have PhotoImpact 6 that is not the box version and it may be $10.00 without rebates. So one here said they seen last year PhotoImpact 5 for $5.00 so that is a great deal.
    Most people never read the book so why pay more for the box version.

9. hewee

hewee Thread Starter

10. rhettman5

rhettman5

Of course we do, and I more than most !!

so

It was fun to catch someone else..

for a change...:rolleyes: .Rhett

11. hewee

hewee Thread Starter

I get my fill of wrongg thiings also.:(

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61987

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice