1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Get rid of blue Q?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Lana8, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lana8

Lana8 Thread Starter

Tried to install quiktime on my Windows Millenium Me and found out it is not compatible. The parcial download left a blueQ icon on the bottom tool bar of my computer. How do I delete it from my computer? Thanks Lana:cool:

2. new tech guy

new tech guy

OK is any version of quicktime installed now? If not, i want you to go to my computer, C drive, program files, and look for anything with the name quicktime in it. Let us know if its there and what is in it if it is. Also, have you tried interacting with it at all, ie, double clicking right clicking it? If you do, does anything come up because it may just merely be a web plugin for it.

3. Lana8

Lana8 Thread Starter

I wanted to look at a certain site and it called for Quiktime. Started downloading and when it started to install it informed me that I needed to be using XP or 2000, so I cancelled installation. It left behind this blue Q at the bottom of my screen right had side with my other icons. When I click it Quik time website or exit comes up. Other things on list are not accessable. I have looked under search file and folders on C drive and have deleted what files are there. I have checked my computer add/remove programs and find no quiktime. Just that studpid blue Q. If it is a web plug in how do I get perminently rid of it?

4. Lana8

Lana8 Thread Starter

Went to restore and got rid of blue Q.

5. new tech guy

new tech guy

It is just a web plugin. Why does having the plugin concern you so much? It does not take up much recource and will not do anything until needed. If you went into your control panel, and saw a quicktime icon you should double click it which will bring up settings. Go to the advanced tab and under tray icon you want to un-check that box and click apply which would remove the icon but keep the plugin service on the pc. Not sure if its there on the plugin or not but i have quicktime and it has the settings icon in control panel.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486644

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice