1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

get rid of log in name..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MNC, Jan 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MNC

MNC Thread Starter

Help...I bought a computer at a bankruptcy sale. Has win 2000NT in it. Do not know the user name or password. It gives me that Ctrl,Alt ,Delete thing. Can not even acess dos. Can only get into F1 and F8 setup. Any answer would help.

2. deuce

deuce

Well, you probably don't want any of the stuff on it. If you have a copy of the win2k or someother OS you want to use, you will have to format and do a clean install. No way to get around the password unless you get the admin password and disable the userprofiles to make it easier to clean up and put the way you want it. I'm suprised they didn't give it to you already formatted. I who of ways to do it and pull the admin password off it.. but you have to be logged in as some kind of user, doesn't matter what level. Since you probably got a good deal on this... you might be better off going and getting something like Xp pro or even home and do a format and put that on.

3. chiqantony

chiqantony

well for nt
    it goes under nt server or workstation
    u cant log in the nt unless u have the password
    try this user name adminstration password is password with caps lock
    10 % it will work if not then u have to know that nt has 2 kinds of drive format under ntfs and fat
    if its under fat the normal format will work on but if under ntfs u have to use the belpart command and format it

4. esdxc37

esdxc37

are you saying you cant boot up at all???

if so you will have to clear the cmos or set a jumper on the m/b to no password

this is done via a jumper in the cas of clear cmos it is usually close to the battery

if it is a jumper to set password will need a bit more info like make of m/b or computer

5. Letterman

Letterman

How about disconnecting the cmos battery, then reconnecting it so the computer is set to it's factory settings.

Letterman

6. MNC

MNC Thread Starter

Thanks for the help. Some of this stuff went over my head but it gives me a starting point. I am about a level five depending on what other uses I have for my brain so some of this stuff went over my head. I am always ready to learn.I will be in front of that computer in about two days. I give it a go.

7. MNC

MNC Thread Starter

8. TechChick

TechChick

Clearling the CMOS isn't going to affect the CTRL+ALT+DEL login screen. That's part of the operating system. You can try:

Username: Administrator
    Password: password

Username: Administrator
    Password:
    (blank)

If none of these work, you'll have to buy an operating system for the computer an install that.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66302

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice