1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Get rid of Ninja Loader/Ninja Maintainer

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by nayhogan, Apr 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nayhogan

nayhogan Thread Starter

I clicked on one of those phony adobe flash updates thinking it was the real deal and unwittingly installed a bunch of adware on my hp tablet. It runs on windows 8. I'm going to type all the info I think is pertinent thats on the back of the tablet.

HP, stream 7, intel inside, tablet 5709.

So after I installed the "adobe flash" update my tablet had a bunch of unwanted new applications installed such as pepperzip, speedchecker, superoptimizer, ninja loader etc.
    They caused the home search bar in all three of my browsers; mozilla, chrome and internet explorer to change. They also caused the tablet to slow down considerably and tons of pop up ads were spawning every 20 seconds or so. The most annoying one being from internet explorer telling me that I had a virus on my computer and had to download whatever program was on that page to get rid of it. What was most annoying about these pop ups were that I couldn't close them so I'd have at least four of these annoying pop ups open at one time and couldn't do anything about it.

So far I've unistalled most of the suspicious programs and removed their extensions from my browser.
    The tablet is pretty much back at normal speed and the pop ups don't appear any more. Also the browser's home search bar is back to the default one.

But I can't seem to get rid of Ninja Loader. Whenever I try to uninstall it, it says it's already uninstalled, but I know its not because when I restarted the tablet and went to control panel>programs it still shows within the list of programs.

When I look through my files in documents superoptimizer and ninjaloader still show, when I try to permanently delete them its tells me I can't because Ninjaloader is still open in ninja maintainer and the same with superoptimizer.

I'm not sure what to do at this point, I just want these programs gone.

2. nayhogan

nayhogan Thread Starter

help please :(

3. nayhogan

nayhogan Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146148

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice